Best Cool Hobbies for Women in Their 30’s
Best Cool Hobbies for Women in Their 30’s
We all had our favourite hobbies when we were kids and teenagers, but what about in your 30’s? If you are looking for something new to do, or just want to find out some neat things that women in their 30’s enjoy doing, look no further. I've compiled a list of the best cool hobbies for women in their 30’s!
If you are like me, you might have hit a point in your 30's when you've seen a fair bit of the world, explored all the bars in your local town and feel like you need to fit a new fulfilling hobby in, to switch up or expand your friendship group. Hell, I'll even go as far as to say find a new identity.
Playing sports as a kid was my thing, yet in adulthood, these hobbies seem to flitter away and get replaced by hours binge-watching Netflix or scrolling through social media, neither of which have really added much value to my life.
What about you? Have you ever thought about taking up a new hobby in your 30's?
Here's a list of my favourite cool hobbies for women in their 30’s. Some are tried and tested while others might be new to both you and me! These are not listed in any specific order, I just wanted to show the diversity of interests that women our age could have.
So, let's get into it and see what you think, do you have any of these hobbies?
- Hiking - if you enjoy spending time outdoors then hiking might be the hobby for you. Many hiking trails are suited to hikers of all levels, so whether you're looking for something easy or challenging there will be an option. Grab a map, do some research, and head off on an adventure.
- Photography - everyone is born with an eye for photography and it's simply a matter of learning how to use your camera properly. If you enjoy sharing pictures with friends, why not try taking some beautiful landscape shots?
- Dancing - dance is a great way to keep fit and what's more you're guaranteed to have fun! While it might seem intimidating at first, once you get over the fact that everyone else seems like they know what they are doing, you will soon forget about your worries. Don't feel like you have to be pigeonholed into salsa or traditional dancing either, if strictly is not your vibe, pop on your Jordan’s and take up some hip-hop dance classes. Trust me I've done this and loved every second!
- Horse Riding - this is another popular hobby for women in their 30’s! If you've always wanted to try horse riding, then why not go ahead and ask your local stables if they offer lessons. Many people say that learning how to ride a horse can be one of the most rewarding things that you'll ever do. There's nothing more badass than riding a horse off into the distance, right?
- Camping - why not give back to the environment and go camping for a few nights? It might seem like an unusual hobby, but you'd be surprised at how many people enjoy it. Turn off your phone, get back to basics with a few mates and enjoy those campfire vibes.
- Yoga - yoga is a great way to relax and get in touch with your body. While it might seem intimidating at first, there are plenty of YouTube videos that can help you out if you're struggling, but a good teacher will take you on a journey of enlightenment in both the physical and mental sense. My buddy @vqyoga is a prime example of a teacher who knows how to add a little light-heartedness into the ever-changing world of yoga.
- Rock Climbing - rock climbing is another popular hobby and it's something that the whole family can enjoy together. While you might not be able to climb outdoors as much, there are plenty of indoor climbing walls which serve a similar purpose. I love bouldering at my local climbing centre. I was introduced to it by a friend and loved the freedom, and body workout it gave me. It's a great one for helping to boost your confidence and get out of any convoluted headspace for an hour or two.
There's no end to the hobbies that you can take up and it's important to pick one that suits your personality. If none of those sound like they are something you'd be interested in, then why not do a bit of research online and try some out! There is bound to be at least one that you like!
Don't forget to tag us in your adventures @shewhodareswins who knows you might even bag yourself a free tee if we love your post :)